Natalie Comes Home!

Our journey to adopting our daughter from China. A hundred years from now it will not matter what size my bank account was or the kind of car I drove...but the world may be different, because I was important in the life of a child.

February 23, 2006

Our Most Precious Gift



From Mom:

She is beautiful, fabulous, pretty, precious, charming, funny, smart...did I tell you she is beautiful?

This child is our most precious gift. We are blessed and matched perfectly. How long we have waited for this daughter who is so wonderful she makes our hearts full. We are already a family. Natalie loved Daddy from the get go (first night) and enjoyed me as well, but Daddy was her favorite comfort.

Everyday she makes us laugh and we play and dance with her in our room. She loves going places with us and already looks to us before chatting with a stranger, as if to say "is this person okay? Should I let her hold me?"

All the people who live here in Xi'an make a fuss over her and love the Chinese name we have chosen: Mei Zhu (pretty pearl) and they make sure I know how to pronounce it. I think I can do it now and pass off the Mandarin well enough.

Luckily, she wears the 12 month size clothes we brought for her and of course, she looks like a doll baby! We went to the Terra Cotta Warriors yesterday and she was much improved after we took her off the milk-based formula (no more gas!)

She had a blast riding on the bus and seeing all the people. She has 4-1/2 teeth on the bottom and 4 teeth on the top. Did I tell you she is beautiful?

We are in love!

She has captured our hearts like nothing else on earth.

We are unable to post many pictures from here and will try again in Guangzhou.

You will all soon be smitten with this witty charmer! Did I say how precious she is?

- Signed Natalie's Mom & Pop!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home