Natalie Comes Home!

Our journey to adopting our daughter from China. A hundred years from now it will not matter what size my bank account was or the kind of car I drove...but the world may be different, because I was important in the life of a child.

February 15, 2006

Destination Hong Kong

From Mom:

Wow! I am just overwhelmed with excitement. We leave in less than 48 hours to meet our darling angel!

After a year and a half of papers and preparation and waiting and more dreadful waiting we will finallly meet a darling dear who will change our lives forever!

I absolutely could not sleep last night from excitement. Definitely nothing to worry about. Things are packed, house is tight, crib is ready, but for some reason all the waiting has finally come to an end and it is definitely a foe I am ready to be rid of.

Hubby is doing his own type of pacing and worry, but I'll leave him to do the goofy things he thinks are important like shop for a video camera. I say just plop that baby in my arms and let me coochie coo her forevermore!

That will make me happy. I read another couple's blog who went to Shaanxi and now I am so excited to visit this ancient city as well. The Muslim quarter is supposed to have fabulous shopping! Just think, the muslims traveled along the silk road and set up a marketplace that has remained there for centuries. I'm on it!

And, of course, the famous Emporer's Tomb with his lifesize Terra Cotta Warriors. Luckily the weather is calling for mild temperatures not much lower than uppers 40's during the day and maybe even 50 degrees. So I can hang with that.

Bon Voyage from the proud parents to be!

1 Comments:

At 3:36 PM, Blogger ~ Alison said...

Yippee! I'm so excited for you . . . rest up and safe travels. Will you be posting from China?? We'll certainly be tuning in!!

~Alison & Mali in FL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home