Natalie Comes Home!

Our journey to adopting our daughter from China. A hundred years from now it will not matter what size my bank account was or the kind of car I drove...but the world may be different, because I was important in the life of a child.

December 07, 2006

Is It Just Our Daughter?



Of course it can't be, but Natalie is amazing! She tells me what words she'd like to learn for the day and reviews all the words she knows before bedtime; shoe, sock, nose, mouth and on it goes. In the morning it starts all over, shoe, sock...during the day she'll ask "that?" I'll say FLAG, she repeats Flag? Yes, I say and then flag is added to our list. Our fridge is covered with words and pictures. She'll pick one up and say "clock!". I reinforce "clock!" Then she hums happily and picks another. Wow, at 21 months! And I thought I was doing a good job teaching her new things everyday, but she is so anxious to start communicating that she has taken the initiative on this one! She is enjoying the holiday season and just loves looking at the Christmas Decorations. She is allowed to turn on the Christmas Tree lights every morning and loves playing underneath with the kitties and the packages. She is in for a big surprise on Christmas morning!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home